Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/13 09:39:31 UTC

Problem with source plugin, and release:prepare

hello everyone,
 i've a first module [1] which declares the source plugin. then a second
module [2] that uses the dependency plugin to unpack the previous source jar
to do some stuff. everything works fine doing a mvn install, or a mvn
deploy, even from an empty repository. but, mvn release:prepare fails
miserably [3]

Any help would be very appreciated.

[1]

	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
	<parent>
		<groupId>org.objectweb.fractal.bf.testing</groupId>
		<artifactId>fractal-bf-testing-parent</artifactId>
		<version>0.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
	</parent>
	<artifactId>fractal-bf-testing-fixtures</artifactId>
	<packaging>jar</packaging>
	<description>Integration tests fixtures</description>
	<name>Fractal-BF: Integration Tests Fixtures</name>
	<build>
		<plugins>
    		<!-- Source packaging needed by juliac -->
			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>attach-sources</id>
						<phase>verify</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>jar</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
				<configuration>
					<attach>true</attach>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>
	<scm>
		<connection>scm:svn:svn://svn.forge.objectweb.org/svnroot/fractal/trunk/fractal-bf//testing/fixtures/</connection>
		<url>${scm.url/testing/fixtures/</url>
	</scm>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<artifactId>fractal-api</artifactId>
			<groupId>org.objectweb.fractal</groupId>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
	<distributionManagement>
		<site>
			<id>${server.id}</id>
			<url> ${distribution.url}/testing/fixtures </url>
		</site>
	</distributionManagement>
</project>

[2]

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<parent>
		<artifactId>fractal-bf-testing-parent
		</artifactId>
		<groupId>org.objectweb.fractal.bf.testing
		</groupId>
		<version>0.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
	</parent>
	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
	<artifactId>fractal-bf-testing-fixtures-juliac
	</artifactId>
	<packaging>jar</packaging>
	<description>Integration tests fixtures with Juliac
	</description>
	<name>Fractal-BF: Integration Tests Fixtures with Juliac
	</name>
	<build>
		<finalName>fractal-bf-testing-fixtures-juliac-${project.version}
		</finalName>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin
				</artifactId>
				<version>2.0</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>unpack-fixtures</id>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>unpack</goal>
						</goals>
						<configuration>
							<artifactItems>
								<artifactItem>
									<groupId> org.objectweb.fractal.bf.testing</groupId>
									<artifactId>fractal-bf-testing-fixtures</artifactId>
									<version> ${project.version}</version>
									<classifier>sources</classifier>
									<type>jar</type>
									<overWrite>true</overWrite>
									<outputDirectory>target/classes</outputDirectory>
								</artifactItem>
							</artifactItems>
						</configuration>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.objectweb.fractal.juliac
				</groupId>
				<artifactId>maven-juliac-plugin</artifactId>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>juliac-compile</id>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>compile</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
				<configuration>
					<opt>OO</opt>
					<srcs>
						<src>target/classes</src>
					</srcs>
					<mixins>
						<mixin>org.objectweb.fractal.julia:julia-mixins:2.5.2:sources</mixin>
					</mixins>
					<adls>
						<adl>org.objectweb.fractal.bf.connectors.Client</adl>
						<adl>org.objectweb.fractal.bf.connectors.Service</adl>
						<adl>org.objectweb.fractal.bf.connectors.EnclosingService</adl>
					</adls>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
			<!--
				package only the juliac generated classes, that is excludes all
				.java files
			-->
			<plugin>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>package</id>
						<phase>package</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>jar</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>
	<scm>
		<connection>scm:svn:svn://svn.forge.objectweb.org/svnroot/fractal/trunk/fractal-bf//testing/fixtures-juliac/</connection>
		<url>${scm.url/testing/fixtures-juliac/</url>
	</scm>
	<distributionManagement>
		<site>
			<id>${server.id}</id>
			<url> ${distribution.url}/testing/fixtures-juliac </url>
		</site>
	</distributionManagement>
</project>

the stacktrace

INFO] [INFO] Building Fractal-BF: Integration Tests Fixtures with Juliac
[INFO] [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, verify]
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] [INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/veleno/workspace/fractal-bf-parent/testing/fixtures-juliac/target
[INFO] [INFO] [dependency:unpack {execution: unpack-fixtures}]
[INFO] [INFO] Configured Artifact:
org.objectweb.fractal.bf.testing:fractal-bf-testing-fixtures:sources:0.4:jar
[INFO] Downloading:
https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public/org/objectweb/fractal/bf/testing/fractal-bf-testing-fixtures/0.4/fractal-bf-testing-fixtures-0.4-sources.jar
[INFO] Downloading:
https://maven.atlassian.com/maven1/org.objectweb.fractal.bf.testing/jars/fractal-bf-testing-fixtures-0.4-sources.jar
[INFO] Downloading:
http://maven.objectweb.org/maven2/org/objectweb/fractal/bf/testing/fractal-bf-testing-fixtures/0.4/fractal-bf-testing-fixtures-0.4-sources.jar
[INFO] Downloading:
http://maven.objectweb.org/maven2-snapshot/org/objectweb/fractal/bf/testing/fractal-bf-testing-fixtures/0.4/fractal-bf-testing-fixtures-0.4-sources.jar
[INFO] Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/objectweb/fractal/bf/testing/fractal-bf-testing-fixtures/0.4/fractal-bf-testing-fixtures-0.4-sources.jar
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
[INFO]
[INFO] GroupId: org.objectweb.fractal.bf.testing
[INFO] ArtifactId: fractal-bf-testing-fixtures
[INFO] Version: 0.4
[INFO]
[INFO] Reason: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/vschiavoni
http://jroller.com/vschiavoni

Re: Problem with source plugin, and release:prepare

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.
hello Olivier,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try with : -DpreparationGoals="clean install"

It worked fine, I was using 'goals', maybe a residual parameter from a
previous release plugin version.

Thanks,
valerio

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.