Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2013/05/08 02:57:50 UTC

[VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

We've resolved over 40 issues since 2.7.4.   Not a lot, but it includes an OSGi fix that is blocking a Camel issues which may also be causing issues with the ServiceMix release.  This also affects CXF 2.6.x which affects Camel 2.10.x/ServiceMix 4.5.1 so I decided to do a 2.6.x release as well.

This second build fixes the 3 issues in JAX-RS that were identified as well as an issue in StaxUtils when using the in-jdk parser and an issue in the WS-Discovery service.

List of issues:
2.6.8
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324276
2.7.5
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324277

The Maven staging areas are at:
2.6.8
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-172/
2.7.5
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-018/

The distributions are in the org/apache/cxf/apache-cxf/ directory of the Maven staging areas.

This releases are tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.6.8
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.7.5

Daniel Kulp

RE: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Correction, I am only -1 on CXF 2.7.5. This issue does not exist in CXF
2.6.x, so I am +1 on that.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

[CANCEL] [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Argh….   Security issue.

Yep.  I'm canceling this vote again.   I also found an spring-dm related deadlock issue while doing some of my own testing this morning that I'm going to try fixing.   I'll likely wait until tomorrow morning to rebuild mostly because I'm busy today, but I also would like some time for folks to do a bit more testing.   We've been finding a bunch of issues which is concerning me.   I'm going to leave the staging repo there for people to test with if they want.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
+1

   - Dennis

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

Christian

Am 08.05.2013 02:57, schrieb Daniel Kulp:
> We've resolved over 40 issues since 2.7.4.   Not a lot, but it includes an OSGi fix that is blocking a Camel issues which may also be causing issues with the ServiceMix release.  This also affects CXF 2.6.x which affects Camel 2.10.x/ServiceMix 4.5.1 so I decided to do a 2.6.x release as well.
>
> This second build fixes the 3 issues in JAX-RS that were identified as well as an issue in StaxUtils when using the in-jdk parser and an issue in the WS-Discovery service.
>

> List of issues:
> 2.6.8
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324276
> 2.7.5
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324277
>
> The Maven staging areas are at:
> 2.6.8
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-172/
> 2.7.5
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-018/
>
> The distributions are in the org/apache/cxf/apache-cxf/ directory of the Maven staging areas.
>
> This releases are tagged at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.6.8
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.7.5

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
+1

aki

RE: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
+1

Oli

On 05/08/2013 02:57 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> We've resolved over 40 issues since 2.7.4.   Not a lot, but it includes an OSGi fix that is blocking a Camel issues which may also be causing issues with the ServiceMix release.  This also affects CXF 2.6.x which affects Camel 2.10.x/ServiceMix 4.5.1 so I decided to do a 2.6.x release as well.
>
> This second build fixes the 3 issues in JAX-RS that were identified as well as an issue in StaxUtils when using the in-jdk parser and an issue in the WS-Discovery service.
>

> List of issues:
> 2.6.8
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324276
> 2.7.5
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310511&version=12324277
>
> The Maven staging areas are at:
> 2.6.8
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-172/
> 2.7.5
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecxf-018/
>
> The distributions are in the org/apache/cxf/apache-cxf/ directory of the Maven staging areas.
>
> This releases are tagged at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.6.8
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.7.5

Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: @Freeman小屋

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
Did some simple testing, +1 - non binding and Thanks to the CXF guys!

Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.5/2.6.8 - take 2

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1