Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Ruegger <cr...@speakeasy.net> on 2002/06/08 14:46:12 UTC

changing Tomcat's Document Root

I want to deploy a web app to an arbitrary directory on my machine that is
*not* under the Tomcat installation directory. What is the proper way to
do this? Is it by setting CATALINA_BASE to the directory before I start
Tomcat? Is there a doc out there that describes how to to this?
Thanks,
Chris

Re: changing Tomcat's Document Root

Posted by puneet sachar <pu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi friends, this is my 4th mail regarding my single
complain..

I have install the tomcat 4.0.3 and its doing fine as
far .html files are concern but no .class and .jsp
files are running on it

I have asked 9-10 times abt same question again and
again and I got nothing from u guys there

Plz help me�I really stuck ..

With this mail I�m sending my server.xml file and
web.xml file which is in my virtualhost/WEB-INF/

I know it is very tough for u to go in these files and
see for errors but plz..i�m in need badly and afater
spending so much time here I some time feel like
crying � and I�m in such a place and in such a part of
India..where I can�t get ant local computer guy with
whom I can discuss ..plz do me a little favour

Here are my problems
1)	no .class and .jsp working only html is working
2)	I have done all changes which were to made in
server.xml�)I have send the file also plz check it and
tell me any mistake if u find)
3)	I�m getting 404 error ..no servlet found
4)	And I�m able to excess the .class file vis
http://localhost:80/examples/servlet/abc.class
 But not by making my own virtual host aand not even
the default root directory

what i have is my own context named sachar
and when i go
.http://puneet:80/sachar/servlet/HelloworldServlet

error -- 404

See friends ..if u can help me I�ll be very grateful
to u

Puneet

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Re: changing Tomcat's Document Root

Posted by Markus Kirsten <ma...@iped.vxu.se>.
Hi Chris,
Just set the docBase attribute for that particular webapp context to
your arbitrary directory.

Hope this helps!

Markus