Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Shayne Burgess <sh...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/27 19:03:16 UTC

Helm Charts/Operators for NiFi

Folks, we have been doing a lot of work lately to build out Apache NiFi in
Kubernetes in Azure (AKS). We have started with Helm charts and have a POC
of a Kubernetes Operator for NiFi.

A number of Apache NiFi users we work with have built their own Helm charts
for NiFi and I have seen a lot of really work being done [1] [2] [3] by
others on providing an implementation of a Helm chart for NiFi but I don’t
see anything being done directly in the Apache community. Obviously there
is the docker-compose [4] and base container image [5] in the repo but
clearly there is a desire to use K8s. As we build out the Helm
charts/operators for scale and security we would be excited to be able to
share that work.

My question: is there any plan or desire in the community to work together
on a K8s deployment for NiFi that can be used as a starting point for NiFi
users that want to run in K8s?

Shayne

[1] https://github.com/cetic/helm-nifi

[2] https://github.com/YolandaMDavis/apache-nifi