Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ginny Dhawan <Gi...@NIIT-Tech.com> on 2014/04/24 12:03:05 UTC

URGENT : How to Record the desktop application in jmeter

Hello Everone ,

Please anyone know how to record the desktop application from JMeter.

We have the cmd file with the help of this application is launched (non-web ) / pop-up window for authentication ...

Currently , m using the "OS process sampler " to execute the cmd file, in result it  opens the pop-up window or first page of desktop application..

Could anyone tell me how to record the application .. After Authentication there is one more page which is again non-web based / desktop ..

Please help me out for the same.. ITS VERY VERY URGENT...

Thanks a ton in advance!!!

Best Regards,
Ginny Dhawan

DISCLAIMER

The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure, or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost or destroyed as a result of the transmission process. Views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Please be aware that the Company monitors email communications through our networks for regulatory compliance purposes. NIIT Technologies Limited and its related entities consider the privacy of its clients to be of utmost importance and works to protect it. The Privacy Policy of the Company can be accessed from our website “www.niit-tech.com. (s).

Re: URGENT : How to Record the desktop application in jmeter

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
What implementation of HTTP are you using? Java defaults or HTTPClient?

If Java defaults initialize your app using these directives:
-Dhttp.proxyHost=<hostname_or_hostIP> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<port_number>
    - when using HTTPS, add this to above directives:
-Dhttps.proxyHost=<hostname_or_hostIP> -Dhttps.proxyPort=<port_number>
( Documentation:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/net/proxies.html )

If HttpClient follow these instructions:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/connmgmt.html#d5e473
If you need to Authenticate via HTTPS, try this:
http://kodejava.org/how-do-i-setting-a-proxy-for-httpclient/

Hope it helps.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
The JMeter proxy records HTTP traffic and since you have stated you have a
desktop application are you sure it is using http?

Posted by Ginny Dhawan <Gi...@NIIT-Tech.com>.