Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/31 00:57:58 UTC

recent GEP doc and build changes

I wanted to let folks know of some recent changes in GEP (Geronimo
Eclipse Plugin) land.

Ashish Jain has done a create job of updating our GEP doc, and putting
it in the wiki.  There are lots of screen shots.  I have done some
updating.  The final result starts at
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/apache-geronimo-development-tools-project.html,
which Tim has installed as the Development Tools main page, from the
Geronimo main page.
We have been using GERONIMODEVTOOLS-461 to discuss updates and
documentation approaches.  One planned change is to put
release-specific install instructions (GEP 2.1.3) in the wiki.  These
will be available for use and review at release voting time.

Tim McConnell has copied the contents of our production eclipse
distribution site, http://apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/, to our
nightly build site
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/.  This
includes the eclipse update manager site, which is updated with the
nightly build artifacts.  This will allow folks to easily get and test
the latest build.  The Eclipse update manager site URL for the nightly
build site is: http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/updates.
 See http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/how-to-get-daily-geronimo-eclipse-plugin-builds.html
from our new doc for details.

These changes, along with GERONIMODEVTOOLS-505
PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.1.2.txt missing from distribution, should
streamline our release process.

Thanks Ashish and Tim!

Ted Kirby