Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/03/01 00:02:44 UTC

Re: want to contribute in the project

Rahul SOA wrote:
> Hello Emmanuel/Alex/Devs,

Hi Rahul,
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> I am new to ApacheDS but due to having interest in LDAP and Java I am
> interested in this.  I am trying to get some enough knowledge of
> project to propose something. I am looking into the project (DS part,
> studio and Triplesec) to understand it.  It will be really
> advantageous, if you can share your thought about incoming
> projects/ideas. Thanks in advance.

Following your mail, we had a quick convo about what could be the
subjects on which you could work :
- a LDAP graphical proxy in Studio (extracting the exchanged PDU and
presenting them in the GUI, with there decoded values)
- A web UI to administrate the server
- Addition of some metrics into the server (like number of requests -
per period of time, gathered, etc)
and many more.
- Revitalizing the Triplesec project
- Contributions to Groovy LDAP
- GUI to manage the Kerberos  server

So far, this is a very first drop of ideas, some of them are quite huge
(I'm thinking about TripleSec, for instance : it's a bit to big to fit
in a GSoc project, IMHO)

Tell us if there is something on which you might be interested in !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: want to contribute in the project

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Wonderful welcome!

Alex

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Alex,

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Alex/Emmanuel,

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rahul SOA <ra...@googlemail.com>.
// Apologize for empty email. clicked the send button by mistake

Posted by Rahul SOA <ra...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rahul SOA <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Emmanuel/Dev,

I was trying to see how LDAP proxy looks like in the Studio to evolve the
idea "LDAP graphical proxy in Studio" you published . Could you please guide
me how to get this as I read some information about it from here
http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSBOX/ldap-proxy.html , dont see the screen shot
of the proxy though (Screenshot-LDAP-Proxy-GUI.png). I have installed
ApacheDS 1.5, Directory Studio 1.3.0 and curious to see the LDAP proxy.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Rahul

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rahul SOA <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Emmanuel,

 Thanks for your email.

 I will get back to you soon about the topics you published here. wondering
if I can get some more details about the task(s)?

 I was browsing the directory gsoc2008 idea list on the following link:

 http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#directory

It seems that following idea is already been implemented
 *- > Implement Directory Agent (DA) in SLP*
and what about* "Implement the IPv6 support in the Apache DS SLP provider"*

Could you please confirm me about this?

Many Thanks.
Rahul
**