Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/13 11:51:26 UTC

[Classlib] Add a new module for javax.tools in Harmony 6?

Hello,

      I've done the work for annotation as discussed in the previous thread.
However some annotation classes requires some reference to the javax.tools.
The new package, javax.tools is newly added in java6, which is used as a new
API for annotation processor, and what's more, from the spec and it seems
the compiler implementations may use it as well, I suppose new version pf
eclipse compiler may used in Harmony may refer it.
      The implementation of javax.tools is not complex, I've done the work
needed for annotation, and will complete the full package soon. However up
to now, there is no such module (like tools.jar or something) in the JRE
classlib yet, and it seems not suitable to put in the annotation module. I
suggest we add a new module Tools for it in Harmony 6 branch.

      Please tell me if anyone has any questions, or better suggestions.
I'll start committing the code if there is no objection. Thanks.
--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv

Re: [Classlib] Add a new module for javax.tools in Harmony 6?

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <AA...@mail.gmail.com>,
"Jimmy,Jing Lv" writes:

> Hello,
>
>       I've done the work for annotation as discussed in the previous
> thread.  However some annotation classes requires some reference to
> the javax.tools.  The new package, javax.tools is newly added in
> java6, which is used as a new API for annotation processor, and what's
> more, from the spec and it seems the compiler implementations may use
> it as well, I suppose new version pf eclipse compiler may used in
> Harmony may refer it.
>       The implementation of javax.tools is not complex, I've done
> the work needed for annotation, and will complete the full package
> soon. However up to now, there is no such module (like tools.jar or
> something) in the JRE classlib yet, and it seems not suitable to put
> in the annotation module. I suggest we add a new module Tools for it
> in Harmony 6 branch.
>
>       Please tell me if anyone has any questions, or better
> suggestions.  I'll start committing the code if there is no
> objection. Thanks.

Sounds good.  I suggest we create classlib/modules/x-tools and
x-tools.jar (to avoid confusion with the already existing tools.jar for
jre and jdk tools).

I'm happy to help with the build/test infrastructure if you like.

Regards,
 Mark.