Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Schmitt <da...@shiftomat.de> on 2003/12/22 22:41:15 UTC

Isapi_redirector2.dll nsis installer.

Hello,

In my opinion installing the jk2 connector is not trivial, so we build
an nsis installer for our customer to automate this.

If anybody is interested, he can download the binary at:

http://www.shiftomat.com/opensource/setupJk202.exe

And the source code at:

http://www.shiftomat.com/opensource/jk2.zip

(You need nsis2b4 and services.dll, AccessControl.dll from the nsis
archive to compile the script) Please write me about your experience.

The installer is tested with tomcat 4.1.29, 5.0.16 and IIS 4.0 – 6.0 on
Windows Nt4Sp6a / 2000 / XP / 2003.
"Test" means here, the servlet and jsp example pages are working.

The installer does all the stuff discussed here in the forum.
Additionally it sets IIS 6.0 Web Service Extensions for jk2.properties,
workers2.properties, jk2.shm, isapi_redirector2.dll and grants write
access for BUILTIN\Users for jk2.properties and jk2.shm.
During installation the user will be asked, which webapp should be
redirected from IIS to tomcat.

Somewhere in this forum I read, I have to put IIS 6.0 in "IIS 5.0
isolation mode" to work properly with jk2. Why? Did I miss something?

Is there a discussion about adding an win installer to the connector
distribution, or even as a subsection in the main tomcat exe installer
in future? Should I post the script to the developer forum?

Dani,

--
Daniel Schmitt
http://www.shiftomat.com