Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Richard Fleming <ri...@thebva.com> on 2007/05/19 15:35:00 UTC

Entity Engine Config question

Hi all-

  The advanced framework video has left me a little fuzzy on this..
  I have a seperate database computer that is used to find part numbers by model number.

   Do all the tables in that database need to be modeled in the entity engine before a delegator can access them? (entitymodel.xml, entitygroup.xml etc.)

  If so, will the entity engine automatically add timestamp fields or will we need to manual add those fields to the existing tables?

  Rick

Re: Entity Engine Config question

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Richard,

Sorry, missed these. Yes, you do need to model your data on your OFBiz instance.

I think the timestamp fields are created automatically. But if not, you could get your `ant
run-install' to create an empty table with the timestamp fields, then migrate your data into this
empty table. You could then set all the timestamp fields with a the current time to start off.

Jonathon

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.