Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Aakash Basu <aa...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/06 20:34:56 UTC

Which SQL flavor does Spark SQL follow?

Hi,

Wish to know, which type of SQL syntax is followed when we write a plain
SQL query inside spark.sql? Is it MySQL or PGSQL? I know it isn't SQL
Server or Oracle as while migrating, had to convert a lot of SQL functions.

Also if you can provide a documentation which clearly says the above would
help.

Thanks,
AB

Re: Which SQL flavor does Spark SQL follow?

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
it closely follows Hive sql.

from the analytical functions its is similar to Oracle. Anyway if you know
good SQL as opposed to Java programmer turned to SQL writer you should be
OK.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com