Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2007/07/06 19:01:16 UTC

(scoot to dev) Re: Axis2 vs CXF

I'm inclined to advise against doing this because of the distractions it
would create and the time it would take.  I don't think you will have
enough time to do a thorough enough comparison, and this is probably
something that if you can't do a really thorough job on, it is probably
better to not do anything at all.

A wiki page adding links to where *others* have done comparisons (such
as below) might be OK, but generally speaking, if you have three web
service framework providers and two are focusing on perfecting their
product while the third spends a lot of time comparing its product to
others, the third will lose out.

I believe right now CXF's main goal should be in converting all the
XFire users into CXF users, and, after that, then focus on broadening
the user base.  If there is a real need for comparisons among the three
products right now, perhaps better to let Metro or Axis spend the time
on it.

Glen

RE: (scoot to dev) Re: Axis2 vs CXF

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Sound like it can be a good finish to this somewhat controversial thread in
which I've learnt about some differences between CXF and Axis2 and about ODE
the orchestration engine :-)!

Cheers, Sergey

<snip/>