Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by "Tankov, Nikolai" <ni...@sap.com> on 2010/01/04 14:24:37 UTC

RE: Aries blog sample

Hi,

  I tried to run the samples and found some issues :
Bundle org.apache.aries.blueprint was not resolved because of Missing Constraint:
 Import-Package: org.osgi.service.cm; version="[1.3.0,2.0.0)".
Bundle org.eclipse.osgi.services_3.1.200.v20070605 exports this package but
with version=1.2, I changed the Import-Package statement in
org.apache.aries.blueprint and all bundles were successfully started.

Unfortunately this was not enough to run the example, the problem that I have now is:
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: We couldn't find an object in the registry matching the query aries:services/org.apache.aries.samples.blog.api.BloggingService
	at org.apache.aries.jndi.url.ServiceRegistryContext.lookup(ServiceRegistryContext.java:275)

Do you have an idea what is wrong? Probably I am doing something wrong.

Best regards,
  Nikolai.

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>.
Tankov, Nikolai wrote:
> Hi Zoe,
>
>   I downloaded the sources on another machine (again Windows with Java1.6)and the example is working without any issue. This morning I downloaded latest version of the sources but most probably I had an old sources on my machine.
>
> Thanks!
> Now we know that the example is working also on Windows.

Great - thanks to you for trying it. It made me check the hello world
sample too which I had somehow made a horrible mess of and which is now
almost fixed :-/

Zoe

RE: Aries blog sample

Re: Aries blog sample

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Nikolai

RE: Aries blog sample

Posted by "Tankov, Nikolai" <ni...@sap.com>.
Hi,

 I am using Sun's JAVA 1.6 running on Windows.

Best regards,
  Nikolai.

>   I tried to run the samples and found some issues :
> Bundle org.apache.aries.blueprint was not resolved because of Missing Constraint:
>  Import-Package: org.osgi.service.cm; version="[1.3.0,2.0.0)".
> Bundle org.eclipse.osgi.services_3.1.200.v20070605 exports this package but
> with version=1.2, I changed the Import-Package statement in
> org.apache.aries.blueprint and all bundles were successfully started.
>
> Unfortunately this was not enough to run the example, the problem that I have now is:
> Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: We couldn't find an object in the registry matching the query aries:services/org.apache.aries.samples.blog.api.BloggingService
> 	at org.apache.aries.jndi.url.ServiceRegistryContext.lookup(ServiceRegistryContext.java:275)
>
> Do you have an idea what is wrong? Probably I am doing something wrong.

No, but I'll certainly have a look and I shouldn't think you are doing
anything wrong :-) What are OS and java level are you using?

Zoe

Re: Aries blog sample

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>.