Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/09/09 15:53:42 UTC

MAPREDUCE-2864 Has been merged to trunk and 0.23

MAPREDCUE-2864 was an effort to rename and reorganize the YARN configuration
parameters to make them consistent.  If you are setting anything in your
yarn-site.xml then you will need to update your configuration.  The patch
did not provide backwards compatible mappings because there has never been a
release with these configs in it.

I have provided a script that should hopefully do the conversion for you.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12492495/update.pl

I have not fully tested it so please double check the results when it is
run.  This script is a bit of a hack, but it should take a config file name
on the command line as input and update all of the configs in it to use the
newly renamed ones. The original file will be saved with .orig at the end.

If you do have any problems with this please feel free to respond to this
e-mail and I will do my best to help you out.

--Bobby Evans

Re: MAPREDUCE-2864 Has been merged to trunk and 0.23

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
A quick update.  I found a bug in the script, and it has now been fixed.
Please use this script instead.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12493787/update.pl

--Bobby Evans