Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by lovely kasi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/06 12:03:00 UTC

Using delimiter for field termiantion

Hi,

I have data in db which almost contains all the delimiters in its data
so i though t i will use ecap(ê) as delimiter. while importing using sqoop
into hive.

I gave the option

--fields-terminated-by 'ê'

but i got the following error
 Imported Failed: Character 234 is an out-of-range delimiter.

The sqoop is importing into HDFS but i am getting the above error when it
continues to import that HDFS output into hive.

Thanks,
Lovely

Re: Using delimiter for field termiantion

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Lovely,
would you mind sharing with us entire Sqoop log generated with parameter --verbose?

If you have data that are not much suitable for text output, perhaps you could consider Avro as the storage format?

Jarcec