Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by an...@nerdsonsite.com on 2002/08/10 03:24:40 UTC

Cannot start Apache

Nerds OnI am anew to apache and need some help, I successfully loded Apache
2 on my windows xp system but screwed up the configuration file. Numerous
attempts to remove and reinstall both versions failed, The server is
starting without errors but I get an page not found error when I type
http://localhost/ can anyone tell me how to fic this?

Sincerely
Anthony Berot
416.717.0823

>From the Desk Of .......................Anthony Berot
----

Nerds On-Site Inc.  we know.....STUFF
http://www.nerdsonsite.com
1.877.MY NERDS (696.3737)

BARRIE ~ CHATHAM ~ DETROIT ~ JOHANNESBURG ~ KANATA ~ KITCHENER ~LONDON ~
MONTREAL ~ NORTH BAY ~ OTTAWA ~ SARNIA ~ TORONTO ~ WINDSOR

----

RE: Cannot start Apache

Posted by an...@nerdsonsite.com.
Nerds OnThank you all for replying, either I do not know how to read the
error or it is not indicated. your suggestions caused me to look at my net
workconfiguration and removing the check mark from Authmatically detect
settings worked.
THKS ALL
Anthony
  you may want to peep into the Apache error log and access log to guess the
gremlin better. Also, to bump up the error logging details, you can edit the
httpd.conf file. Look for entries:
  ErrorLog <path to error file>
  LogLevel debug

  Setting LogLevel to debug will spit out tonnes of info in the log files.

  Hope that helps!

  Tony
    I am anew to apache and need some help, I successfully loded Apache 2 on
my windows xp system but screwed up the configuration file. Numerous
attempts to remove and reinstall both versions failed, The server is
starting without errors but I get an page not found error when I type
http://localhost/ can anyone tell me how to fic this?

    Sincerely
    Anthony Berot
    416.717.0823

    From the Desk Of .......................Anthony Berot

    Nerds On-Site Inc.  we know.....STUFF
    http://www.nerdsonsite.com
    1.877.MY NERDS (696.3737)

    BARRIE ~ CHATHAM ~ DETROIT ~ JOHANNESBURG ~ KANATA ~ KITCHENER ~LONDON ~
MONTREAL ~ NORTH BAY ~ OTTAWA ~ SARNIA ~ TORONTO ~ WINDSOR

RE: Cannot start Apache

Posted by an...@nerdsonsite.com.
Nerds OnThanks I will try that

Re: Cannot start Apache