Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de> on 2017/10/12 09:50:29 UTC

backport patches

FYI: I just checked in a "patches" directory inside the 2.4.x branch. I hope it's not picked up in a source distribution.

If we keep patches for backports/hot-fixes here - instead of all over the world in not-secure http: locations - it should give us tracking and easier use, I hope. I am not fixed on names or structure here, just trying to keep patches where they belong and version them.

Cheers,

Stefan

AW: backport patches

Posted by Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ru...@vodafone.com>.
+1

Regards

Rüdiger

Re: backport patches

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.

AW: backport patches

Posted by Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ru...@vodafone.com>.

But in general I agree with your point that patches below branches/2.4.x/ is not the best idea for the reasons you state.

Regards

Rüdiger

Re: backport patches

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.

Re: backport patches

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On 12 Oct 2017, at 11:50 AM, Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> FYI: I just checked in a "patches" directory inside the 2.4.x branch. I hope it's not picked up in a source distribution.
>
> If we keep patches for backports/hot-fixes here - instead of all over the world in not-secure http: locations - it should give us tracking and easier use, I hope. I am not fixed on names or structure here, just trying to keep patches where they belong and version them.

They definitely can’t go inside the v2.4.x branch, those branches are what we vote on when we make a release, meaning every time we voted we would be voting to formally release those patches at the same time.

Rather keep them in a separate branch outside of the httpd v2.4.x branch.

Regards,
Graham
—