Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/07 00:33:36 UTC

Release branches and merging

How does this work?  I made a (small, two line) fix in the Tomahawk
1.1.4 branch.  It also needs to be fixed on the trunk.

Thinking about it now, it seems like I should have done it the other
way around, fixed it on the trunk and merged to the branch.  I'm
interested in the theory more than this particular example, obviously
this one is not a big deal either way. :)

I've seen advice not to make changes in both places.  So who keeps
track of what needs to be merged in which direction, and how do you
coordinate it?

I found this page on the wiki, is there anything else I should read?
   http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Release_Procedure

Wendy