Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ka...@Instinet.com on 2014/06/04 22:28:37 UTC

Running and Logging multinode clusters on Windows with Hadoop 2.2

Hello,

I've gotten Hadoop built from source using maven and working on windows in
single node form.  I'm currently attempting to connect with a server that
also has the same built version of Hadoop.  I've set up my host file and
slave file accordingly.  Attempting to run the cluster from the master node
get doesn't give me any sort of response from my slave node, nor can I find
any sort of sign that my master node even tried to connect.  Are there any
logs I can look at so that I may begin working through this or is what I'm
attempting to do not implemented at all?

-Kashif

=========================================================================================================  <<<< Disclaimer >>>>   This message is intended solely for use by the named addressee(s). If you receive this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy this message in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Any unauthorized use (and reliance thereon), copying, disclosure, retention, or distribution of this transmission or the material in this transmission is forbidden. We reserve the right to monitor and archive electronic communications. This material does not constitute an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any security. It should not be construed to contain any recommendation regarding any security or strategy. Any views expressed are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity. This communication is provided on an “as is” basis. It contains material that is owned by Instinet Incorporated, its subsidiaries or its or their licensors, and may not, in whole or in part, be (i) copied, photocopied or duplicated in any form, by any means, or (ii) redistributed, posted, published, excerpted, or quoted without Instinet Incorporated's prior written consent. Please access the following link for important information and instructions:  http://instinet.com/includes/index.jsp?thePage=/html/le_index.txt   Securities products and services are provided by locally registered brokerage subsidiaries of Instinet Incorporated: Instinet Australia Pty Limited (ACN: 131 253 686 AFSL No: 327834), regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission; Instinet Canada Limited, member IIROC/CIPF; Instinet Pacific Limited, authorized and regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong; Instinet Singapore Services Private Limited, regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, trading member of The Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Private Limited and clearing member of The Central Depository (Pte) Limited; and Instinet, LLC, member SIPC.

Re: Running and Logging multinode clusters on Windows with Hadoop 2.2

Posted by Publius <t_...@yahoo.com>.

 How did you do this?  I've gotten Hadoop built from source using maven and working on windows

virtual box?

KMG 365