Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Elijah Zupancic <el...@apache.org> on 2016/05/06 20:25:47 UTC

Getting Started & Adding Manta Object Store Support

I'm trying to get started contributing to Apache Drill. I've got the project checked out and it is building to my satisfaction. Right now, I'm trying to add support for the open source object store Manta (https://github.com/joyent/manta <https://github.com/joyent/manta>). I thought that this would be a good learning project.

Initially, I want to add support in the same way that S3 has support. However, I can't seem to find a reference to the S3 storage driver in the code base. Is the s3 storage driver part of a different project? How would you suggest that I get started?

Thank you,
Elijah Zupancic