Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lally Singh <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/26 04:14:36 UTC

Eclipse, Hibernate Tools

Hey all, maybe not the right place to ask, but I didn't know who else.

I've got a Maven project set up in eclipse with the eclipse-maven
plugin.  I've annotated some classes for Hibernate.  I'm not really
too familiar yet with Java's annotation system, so I'm at a loss for
how to get the annotations 'processed' (do they need processing?).

Specifically, how do I get maven to do whatever needs to be done to
process my hibernate annotations?  Latest version of hibernate & tools
as of last week.

Thanks for any help,

-ls

Re: [m2] Eclipse, Hibernate Tools

Posted by "John J. Franey" <jj...@verizon.net>.

Lally Singh wrote:

> nothing's getting generated into
> src/main/resources  (that's just got the original cocoon & spring
> stuff in it).  Is there another maven target I should run?

Correct. maven will not write into src/main/resources.

Hibernate library reads certain configuration files.  See hibernate
documentation for help on these and their contents.   A developer would
layout a project with these hibernate configuration files in
src/main/resources.  Without further configuration, maven picks them up and
puts them into the build output directory (target).

Regards,
John

Re: [m2] Eclipse, Hibernate Tools

Posted by Lally Singh <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2/26/07, John J. Franey <jj...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Lally Singh wrote:
> >
> > how do I get maven to do whatever needs to be done to process my hibernate
> > annotations?
> >

> If you are using java 5 annotations and maven 2:  Nothing, aside from
> compiling with java 5 or better, homing hibernate and java persistence
> configuration files into src/main/resources directory, and obtaining the
> hibernate artifacts into your repository.  This answer does not apply to
> javadoc annotations (i.e., source code generation via xdoclet) or maven 1.
>
> Annotations are a java language construct and are 'processed' by java
> compilation.  The java compiler puts annotation data into the output class
> files for the hibernate libraries to read.

Wonderful, thank you.  However, nothing's getting generated into

Posted by "John J. Franey" <jj...@verizon.net>.