Posted to user@poi.apache.org by mb...@oreillyauto.com on 2006/08/10 16:10:51 UTC

HSSF Limitation question

Attempting to create a spreadsheet with 10,000+ rows by 13 columns.  Once
created, I open the sheet with Excel, it appears to open and immediately
close.  If I limit the number of rows to 7832, the sheet opens just fine,
if I limit the rows to 7833, the sheet again will not open.  Viewing the
the two sheets via BiffViewer, I see very little difference, other than the
one that works has 8214 entries in SST and the one that doesn't has 8215
entries.  Of course, there is one more row in the one that doesn't work.
Am I bumping some size limitation which prevents excel from opening my
sheet?  I am getting no Exceptions, no out of memory problems, etc, the
creating seems to work just fine, I just cannot open the sheet.
Thanks, MikeB