Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by edwinsoho <ed...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/06 20:23:42 UTC

How to make a topic not to require a active listener?

Hi all

I am working using .net to integrate with activemq and everything is working
great on  the following architecture:

* I have a Hyper-V Ubuntu instance running ActiveMQ;
* I have 2 .net console applications, a message sender and a message
Listener (for a Topic);
* Those .net console applications are running from a Windows 10 Physical
host PC;
* I first open the listener and open the writer right after;
* The message is sent successfully to listener and I can see it dequeued in
the activemq admin page;

The issue now is that I need to consume those messages from web, which I
can't keep active connection through http. I have re-searched and came
accross that durable Topic is exactly that.

I didn't find much of pratical information showing how to do that. I am very
new on linus and apache products

any guideness on this would be great

thanks

Re: How to make a topic not to require a active listener?

Posted by Hassen Bennour <be...@gmail.com>.
Hello ,

A topic do not require an active listener.
If there is an active listener it will receive messages.
If there is a durable subscription even if the listener is offline their
messages will be stored till their reconnection to receive them and i think
this what you want to do?

Explanation here
http://activemq.apache.org/manage-durable-subscribers.html

If setting a unique clientID is not possible for your use case you can work
with retroactive consumers
http://activemq.apache.org/subscription-recovery-policy.html

Good example to receive messages from JS if you mean Web pages for your
consumer
https://simplesassim.wordpress.com/2016/02/02/how-to-receive-a-message-from-an-apache-activemq-topic-with-javascript/

Hope this help.