Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net> on 2007/08/06 08:52:19 UTC

NullPointerException when clicking on an expired wizard button

Hi!

I was running some random tests to try to see what kind of trouble a
typical user of my app could cause.

After completing a wizard, clicking the browser's "back" button, then
clicking the "previous" button of the wizard, I get the error below.

Is there a more graceful way to handle this rather than outputting an
error like this?

Why would this cause an internal error, rather than a "session expired",
and how can I avoid this?

Thank you!
David

Unexpected RuntimeException
Root cause:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at
wicket.request.compound.DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.resolveListenerInterfaceTarget(DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.java:295)
     at
wicket.request.compound.DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.resolveRenderedPage(DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.java:228)
     at
wicket.request.compound.DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.resolve(DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.java:153)
     at
wicket.request.compound.AbstractCompoundRequestCycleProcessor.resolve(AbstractCompoundRequestCycleProcessor.java:48)
     at wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:992)
     at wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1084)
     at wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:454)
     at wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.doGet(WicketServlet.java:219)
     at
wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.doPost(WicketServlet.java:262)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616)
     at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:358)
     at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.OsgiServletHandler.dispatch(OsgiServletHandler.java:108)
     at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
     at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1807)
     at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1757)
     at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:790)
     at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:961)
     at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:807)
     at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:218)
     at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:300)
     at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:511)

Re: NullPointerException when clicking on an expired wizard button

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 8/6/07, David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net> wrote:
> > > After completing a wizard, clicking the browser's "back" button, then
> > > clicking the "previous" button of the wizard, I get the error below.
>
> > Looks like a bug. Are you using 1.2.6?
>
> Yes.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm still stuck on 1.2.6+ for the foreseeable future...

Could you open up a JIRA issue for it? Can you reproduce it using
wicket-examples?

Eelco

Re: NullPointerException when clicking on an expired wizard button

Posted by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net>.
> > After completing a wizard, clicking the browser's "back" button, then
> > clicking the "previous" button of the wizard, I get the error below.

> Looks like a bug. Are you using 1.2.6?

Yes.

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck on 1.2.6+ for the foreseeable future...

Cheers,
Dave

Re: NullPointerException when clicking on an expired wizard button

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.