Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2007/06/23 10:42:28 UTC

HttpComponents overview

Hi all,

I've put an overview of our components/modules/whatever
into the Wiki. Please have a look at it and let me know
what to improve.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponents

1. Is it readable and understandable?

2. What is missing in the descriptions?

3. Are the dependencies listed correctly?
   (I wrote them down from memory without checking)

4. Is my view of the structure in line with yours?

thanks,
  Roland

Re: HttpComponents overview

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Hi Oleg,

> It all seems reasonable and readable. Dependencies look correct.

Good. Thanks for checking.

> I might
> add that the option to make informal modules formal is still not off the
> table and the decision is still pending.

Ack. It's in the "Levels of Grouping" section:

> It is still up for discussion which of the informal units should
> become modules.

cheers,

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 10:42 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've put an overview of our components/modules/whatever
> into the Wiki. Please have a look at it and let me know
> what to improve.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponents
>
> 1. Is it readable and understandable?
>
> 2. What is missing in the descriptions?
>
> 3. Are the dependencies listed correctly?
>    (I wrote them down from memory without checking)
>
> 4. Is my view of the structure in line with yours?

Hi Roland

It all seems reasonable and readable. Dependencies look correct. I might
add that the option to make informal modules formal is still not off the
table and the decision is still pending.

Oleg