Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@pearson.com> on 2005/11/02 16:41:24 UTC

shale setup docs, links, and/or examples?

I've used struts for a couple years.

I'm interested in using shale instead of struts on a new project.

I downloaded the shales binary and looked at the war and example projects
but they were too complex for me to figure out.

I've looked at the documentation on Apache's site but not much help there.

I'm not sure how to develop the action classes/methods and also how to setup
the xml files for the shales framework.

I'm also not familiar with JSF but would like to use it.

Anyone have any tips from moving from a struts architecture to a shale
architecture?

I would like a project setup with like a couple class files and a couple jsp
pages that works to figure out what's going on.

Any help?

Shawn

If you were not an intended recipient,

Re: shale setup docs, links, and/or examples?

Posted by gr...@intellicare.com.
"Garner, Shawn" <sh...@pearson.com> wrote on 11/02/2005 10:41:24
AM:

> I've used struts for a couple years.
>
> I'm interested in using shale instead of struts on a new project.
>
> I downloaded the shales binary and looked at the war and example
projects
> but they were too complex for me to figure out.

Shawn, take a look at this 4 part series on JSF:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/views/java/libraryview.jsp?search_by=nonbelievers:

After that the Shale examples and docs will make more sense I think..

> Shawn

Regards,
Geeta