Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Mahler Thomas <th...@itellium.com> on 2002/11/08 11:20:15 UTC

[scarab] problems with scarab server

Hi all,

Please excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I did not
find any better place.

Some OJB developers are currently trying to fill the OJB Scrab bugdatabase
(http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues/curmodule/120/template/home%2CModule
Query.vm) with a list of new issues.

We face several problems:
- The performance of the system is *very* poor. Sometimes the server
completely denies to serve requests. We have tried this for several days
from different location with different browsers.

- Sessions are disrupted, so you have login several times to get done even
most simple actions.
It took us hours to enter 10 new issues.

Who can help us with these issues?

thanks,
Thomas
(OJB developer)

Re: [scarab] problems with scarab server

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Mahler Thomas <th...@itellium.com> writes:

> Please excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I did not
> find any better place.

p.s. infrastructure@apache.org is a good place to direct
nagoya-related questions, and John McNally is good place to direct
Scarab-related questions.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: [scarab] problems with scarab server

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>
>
> I just need to make it clear that it isn't Scarab that is slow, it is
> nagoya.

I didn't expect that it would be Scarab.

Pier is looking into a problem with mysql on nagoya.

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: [scarab] problems with scarab server

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2002/11/11 12:30 AM, "Pier Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> wrote:

> I just need to make it clear that it isn't Nagoya that is slow, it is
> MySQL.

MySQL isn't slow...it is MySQL on Nagoya that is slow. MySQL on my OSX box
here at home is blazing fast.

Slowaris sucks...

-jon

Re: [scarab] problems with scarab server

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>
>
> Mahler Thomas <th...@itellium.com> writes:
>
>> - Sessions are disrupted, so you have login several times to get done even
>> most simple actions.
>> It took us hours to enter 10 new issues.
>
> Rarely, I restart Catalina on nagoya a few times in a row well pushing
> new Eyebrowse changes live.  This could possibly account for some
> session disruptions (though I thought that session information was
> persisted in a file by Catalina).  During the past week or so, I've
> monkeyed with the server once or twice.  It's remotely possible we
> could've coincided.

No, Scarab on nagoya is always very slow, almost to the point of being
unusable.

I'll post a question to the infrastructure address asking if the machine is
resource bound.

Scott

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.