Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Simon Kelly <ke...@ipe.fzk.de> on 2003/07/30 14:31:25 UTC

[OT] Best super-class for context handling.

Hi all,

Bit off topic, sorry.

But. What is the recommended super class to extend for a static class that
could handle URL resolving?

I want to put any code from all my other classes into one single class so I
don't have to keep passing the ServletContext around when a class needs to
resolve an absolute path or resolve a URL within the context.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

'My Friend sent me a postcard with a picture of the Earth.
On the back he wrote: "Wish you were here"'
- Steven Wright

Institut fuer
Prozessdatenverarbeitung
und Elektronik,
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH,
Postfach 3640,
D-76021 Karlsruhe,
Germany.

Tel: (+49)/7247 82-4042
E-mail : kelly@ipe.fzk.de

[OT] multiple contexts, one .ear.

Posted by Greg Dunn <gr...@mo.nisc.cc>.
I have a Struts application which uses EJB's running on JBoss/Tomcat.  In
some cases we have two 'clients' running the application on the same server.
They can both use the same deployed .ear if it's possible for each of them
to use a different .properties file, because they would need to point to
different database servers.

Is it possible to direct an application to use a certain .properties file
based on the requested domain, or is there another means to do this?  We
would really prefer not to deploy two seperate .ear files.

Greg