Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by mg <mr...@post.pl> on 2005/05/27 23:30:36 UTC

Reading component metadata

Metadata can be defined for component using <property> element. Example:

<component...>
	<property name="some-data" value="some-data-value"/>
</component>

Is it possible to read this property later? I can't find corresponding
method. I've tried digging into SpecificationParser but without results.

--
cheers, mg

Re: Reading component metadata

Posted by mg <mr...@post.pl>.
Dnia Fri, 27 May 2005 23:50:23 +0200, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> IContainedComponent extends from IPropertyHolder
>
> getSpecification().getComponent("foo").getProperty("bar")

Tricky ;). I need this in writeSuffix() method of my custom
ValidationDelegate, so it looks like:

component.getPage().getSpecification().getComponent(component.getId()).getProperty("some-data")

But it works ;). Thx

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

On 5/27/05, mg <mr...@post.pl> wrote:
> Metadata can be defined for component using <property> element. Example:
>
> <component...>
>         <property name="some-data" value="some-data-value"/>
> </component>
>
> Is it possible to read this property later? I can't find corresponding
> method. I've tried digging into SpecificationParser but without results.
>
> --
> cheers, mg

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry