Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2007/10/02 21:34:54 UTC

single broker + mysql + Attempting to acquire the exclusive lock to become the Master broker

Hey folks,

i'm having real trouble here with mysql and activmq:

When i start my (single!) broker i get an endless repitition of:

INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker
INFO  DefaultDatabaseLocker          - Attempting to acquire the exclusive
lock to become the Master broker

My configuration:

- activemq 4.1
- mysql 5.0
- mysql connector 5.0.7

I am pretty sure that this is some kind of bug, but how do i solve this?

My broker configuration is quite simple:

<beans>
  <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this configuration
file -->
  <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

  <broker brokerName="localhost" useJmx="true"
xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

    <memoryManager>
        <usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="20 MB"/>
    </memoryManager>

    <managementContext>
       <managementContext connectorPort="1099"
jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
    </managementContext>

    <persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="../data"
dataSource="#mysql-ds"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
       <transportConnector name="local_ssl" uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
    </transportConnectors>
  </broker>

  <bean id="mysql-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
     <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
     <property name="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/activemq?relaxAutoCommit=true"/>
     <property name="username" value="wnmf"/>
     <property name="password" value="wnmf"/>
     <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
  </bean>
</beans>

What can i do?

I googled a lot, but found nothing relevant, the only thing i found was:

SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0;
LOCK TABLE activemq.ACTIVEMQ_LOCK WRITE;

But this didn't help.

Thanks for every hint!

Re: single broker + mysql + Attempting to acquire the exclusive lock to become the Master broker

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hopefully, ActiveMQ 5 will be out really soon! :)

On 04/10/2007, j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >>        <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
> >>        <transportConnector name="local_ssl" uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
> >>     </transportConnectors>
> >>   </broker>
> >>
> >>   <bean id="mysql-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
> >> destroy-method="close">
> >>      <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
> >>      <property name="url"
> >> value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/activemq?relaxAutoCommit=true"/>
> >>      <property name="username" value="wnmf"/>
> >>      <property name="password" value="wnmf"/>
> >>      <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
> >>   </bean>
> >> </beans>
> >>
> >> What can i do?
> >>
> >> I googled a lot, but found nothing relevant, the only thing i found was:
> >>
> >> SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0;
> >> LOCK TABLE activemq.ACTIVEMQ_LOCK WRITE;

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: single broker + mysql + Attempting to acquire the exclusive lock to become the Master broker

Posted by j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.
Thx James,

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>        <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
>        <transportConnector name="local_ssl" uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
>     </transportConnectors>
>   </broker>
>
>   <bean id="mysql-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
> destroy-method="close">
>      <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
>      <property name="url"
> value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/activemq?relaxAutoCommit=true"/>
>      <property name="username" value="wnmf"/>
>      <property name="password" value="wnmf"/>
>      <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
>   </bean>
> </beans>
>
> What can i do?
>
> I googled a lot, but found nothing relevant, the only thing i found was:
>
> SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0;
> LOCK TABLE activemq.ACTIVEMQ_LOCK WRITE;

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source SOA