Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by jeevi tesh <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/12 19:26:04 UTC

turn off authentication in hbase

Hi all,

I'm using hadoop 2.2, HBASE-0.96.1.1-hadoop2 version of hadoop and hbase
and kundera as jpa. Now when I connect to hbase through java
client(kundera), I'm getting  *SecurityException*:
*java.lang.SecurityException*: Unable to locate a login configuration
occurred when trying to find JAAS configuration.

How to turn off authentication while connecting from java client to hbase
system.

I tried <property>

      <name>hbase.security.authentication</name>

      <value>simple</value>

  </property>

In documention no authentication means simple but not working for me.