Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/15 23:25:23 UTC

Custom Packaging

Is it possible to implement your own packaging like the
<packaging>jar</packaging>?

Brandon

Re: Custom Packaging

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 15 Feb 07, at 5:39 PM 15 Feb 07, Mark Derricutt wrote:

> I was thinking of asking the same thing actually.
>
> In our current Ant based build we're unjaring the Apache James .sar
> file,
> copying in our own .jar file along with our custom configuration
> files, and
> then rejaring the .sar as our own "application".

That's called an assembly. Look at the assembly plugin, what you want
is not really packaging.

Jason.

Re: Custom Packaging

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

Re: Custom Packaging

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
I want to replace the jar test phase goal binding from surefire to cobertura
since cobertura fires off surefire on it's own there is no need to run
surefire in the test phase. I've tried every permutation known to man to
prevent the tests from running twice. That's all i want to change. How would
i create a custom lifecycle?

Brandon

Re: Custom Packaging

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.