Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Chitrady <jc...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/17 18:17:06 UTC

How to set max heap memory for tomcat 4.1.37 running as window services.

I am not sure whether my previous posting made it to the group. I didn't see
it in my inbox, so let me retry.

Here you go:

In Tomcat 4.1.24 running as windows services, to set the max heap memory for
the JVM we can modify the registry setting using 'regedit".
In the registry we can add "JVM Option" to add something like  "-Xmx512m" to
set the JVM max memory to 512MB.

In Tomcat 4.1.37 registry I couldn't find the same option to set this max
memory.

The question I have is: How do I set tomcat max memory when it is running as
a window service?

Thanks in advance,
 Joe