Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Michael Becker <sp...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/11 00:21:36 UTC

Restricting svn to one VirtualHost

I have svn up and running using apache for access. I have one minor
bug in my setup that is a little annoying though.
I installed subversion using yum so my subversion apache directives
are in a separate file called subversion.conf in conf.d
I have 3 domains running off of my internet connection using the
VirtualHost directive in my httpd.conf file
Here's the issue, I only want svn to show up when someone browses to a
particular domain, but at the moment, it shows up when browsing my
subversion path on all domains.
Is there a way to restrict the access to one single virtualhost domain
outside of moving what is in my subversion.conf file into the
virtualhost directive of that domain in my httpd.conf file?
Thanks for you help!
Michael Becker

Re: Restricting svn to one VirtualHost

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On 11.03.2005, at 01:26, Patrick Burleson wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:21:36 -0500, Michael Becker <sp...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Is there a way to restrict the access to one single virtualhost domain
>> outside of moving what is in my subversion.conf file into the
>> virtualhost directive of that domain in my httpd.conf file?

> My guess is somewhere in httpd.conf there's a line like
>
> include subversion.conf
>
> move that line into the appropriate VirtualHost and I think that will
> fix your problem. (I'm not exactly sure if includes are allowed in
> VirtualHosts, but I am pretty sure they are)

Yes, it is possible to Include a file inside a virtual host. I do this
often, especially to set up a secure and an insecure version of the
same site. Define the DocumentRoot, aliases, log directives, rewrite
rules or whatever in another file, and include it in both a port 80 and
a port 443 vhost, and in the 443 vhost include another separate file
which sets up the SSL environment.

Re: Restricting svn to one VirtualHost

Posted by Patrick Burleson <pb...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:21:36 -0500, Michael Becker <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have svn up and running using apache for access. I have one minor
> bug in my setup that is a little annoying though.
> I installed subversion using yum so my subversion apache directives
> are in a separate file called subversion.conf in conf.d
> I have 3 domains running off of my internet connection using the
> VirtualHost directive in my httpd.conf file
> Here's the issue, I only want svn to show up when someone browses to a
> particular domain, but at the moment, it shows up when browsing my
> subversion path on all domains.
> Is there a way to restrict the access to one single virtualhost domain
> outside of moving what is in my subversion.conf file into the
> virtualhost directive of that domain in my httpd.conf file?
> Thanks for you help!
> Michael Becker

My guess is somewhere in httpd.conf there's a line like

include subversion.conf

move that line into the appropriate VirtualHost and I think that will
fix your problem. (I'm not exactly sure if includes are allowed in
VirtualHosts, but I am pretty sure they are)

Patrick