Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/05/19 08:35:23 UTC

[FLEXJS] Strange Flat manifest

Hi,

I am currently working on fine-tuning some of the examples builds and I am having a little trouble with the DataBindingExample.

Here it seems the Flat library is used (possibly to provide some differently looking controls):

xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/flat"

When looking into this it seems that it only contains a hand full of components and sort of "re branded" all the other components of the "Core" module. When looking into the catalog.xml of the generated SWC it seems that it only contains the component declarations of elements defined in that project and doesn't include the duplicates declared from other namespaces. Therefore I cannot compile this project without explicitly passing in the namespace of Flat. I think we shouldn't do things like this and rather define two namespace declarations and simply use "flat:CheckBox" for the custom controls we want to use. Or do you see a different way how we can provide the namespace stuff without explicitly having to pass along a manifest?

Chris

AW: [FLEXJS] Strange Flat manifest

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
We already have enough duplicated code is my opinion on this.
We shouldn't start duplicating stuff and should rather implement skinning the same way it was done in Flex4 ... or do it the way I did it for the Flat example by using the Flat components where I wanted them and using the normal ones where there weren't any Flat ones.

Chris
>I am currently working on fine-tuning some of the examples builds and I
>am having a little trouble with the DataBindingExample.
>

>Here it seems the Flat library is used (possibly to provide some
>differently looking controls):
>
>xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/flat"
>
>When looking into this it seems that it only contains a hand full of
>components and sort of "re branded" all the other components of the
>"Core" module. When looking into the catalog.xml of the generated SWC it
>seems that it only contains the component declarations of elements
>defined in that project and doesn't include the duplicates declared from
>other namespaces. Therefore I cannot compile this project without
>explicitly passing in the namespace of Flat. I think we shouldn't do
>things like this and rather define two namespace declarations and simply
>use "flat:CheckBox" for the custom controls we want to use. Or do you see
>a different way how we can provide the namespace stuff without explicitly
>having to pass along a manifest?

One option may be to actually copy the duplicates into Flat.swc.  We could
also just try populating the catalog.xml with the other <component> tags.

Thoughts?

-Alex

Re: [FLEXJS] Strange Flat manifest

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.