Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Michael Segel <ms...@hotmail.com> on 2013/09/16 20:54:45 UTC

HBase and Yarn?

	While I am looking at HOYA, I was wondering about just starting HBase on top of the cluster outside of YARN?

Will it cause YARN to over subscribe the cluster?

Re: HBase and Yarn?

Posted by lohit <lo...@gmail.com>.
If you start HBase on same cluster running YARN, then yes, you will have to
account for memory allocated to HBase vs what YARN already manages.
On each NodeManager, yarn-site.xml defines how much memory is allocated for
YARN applications. You would have to dial it down by the amount of memory
you allocated for HBase daemons.

HOYA, I believe would do that automatically for you.

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit