Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by James Carroll <ji...@microbrightfield.com> on 2003/09/30 22:58:22 UTC

more Direct than DirectLink?

Hi I have a table of data, and want to create a link to Update
one of the items (rows) in the table.

The itnemesis example uses an ExternalLink for the purpose, and
passes a Page and Parameters.  This is exactly what I need, but
my page isn't Externalizable.  (my data is a little too big to
serialize and still fit in one URL)

DirectLink seems like the way to go, but instead of a page parameter
is uses a listener parameter, and the listener then has to set
the next page in the cycle.

Is there a way of linking to the other page with the one Object
parameter
without the Listener?

Thanks,
-Jim