Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/30 10:48:35 UTC

Menu expands in width with blank space

Hi,
A small issue: I create a new document, open it for editing in Kupu, make some
changes, go to source (within Kupu), make more changes (remove any <br> that
have got introduced, delete the default text, etc). When I save and come back,
the menu gets extended in widht for this page. So now when I naigate from
another page to this page, the menu width unnecessarily changes. In
this 'messed' up menu, the blank space is 3-4 times that width of the actual
menu text. If I then copy the default text from the source of a new page, the
width gets adjusted back. But I have not been able to figure at all what I can
do to my modified text to correct the menu width.
What could I be doing wrong?

Re: Menu expands in width with blank space

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Rovi <ro1vi-cms <at> yahoo.com> writes:

>  <solprovider <at> apache.org> writes:
>

> > On 12/30/05, Rovi <ro1vi-cms <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > A small issue: I create a new document, open it for editing in Kupu,
make
> some
> > > changes, go to source (within Kupu), make more changes (remove any <br>
> that
> > > have got introduced, delete the default text, etc). When I save and come
> back,
> > > the menu gets extended in widht for this page. So now when I naigate from
> > > another page to this page, the menu width unnecessarily changes. In
> > > this 'messed' up menu, the blank space is 3-4 times that width of the
> actual
> > > menu text. If I then copy the default text from the source of a new
page,
> the
> > > width gets adjusted back. But I have not been able to figure at all what
> can
> > > do to my modified text to correct the menu width.
> > > What could I be doing wrong?
> >
> > You are not alone.  I had this issue when I first started.  I fixed it
> > quickly, and forgot to document it.  I think it was some strange DIVs
> > interacting with graphics on the Kupu edit page, and I removed one
> > level of useless nesting DIVs.  Hope that helps.
> >
> > solprovider
> >
> Thanks for the pointer.
> When I go to Kupu 'edit HTML Code' and look at the code, of course I don't
see
> any DIVs. I took a look at the view source of the page, and unless I missed
> something, I didn't see any extra DIVs.
> Where exaactly can I check the DIVs (Kupu edit page?) as they are created?
> Which file will I go to?
> Also, I don't have any graphics on the page. Thanks!

As it turns out, the menu width changes dependent on the length of the longest
sentence in the text. So if I have a list of items, the menu width increases a
lot. I added a number of blank spaces, and the menu width starts adjusting
(starts becoming shorter).
Is there a way to keep the menu width constant, and have the menu text go to
the next line (within the menu column)? Thanks!

Re: Menu expands in width with blank space

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by so...@apache.org.