Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by pa...@fenix.cz on 2007/12/20 05:38:36 UTC

[users@httpd] additional dbm question

Hi, well i sent my first e-mail a bit early by mistake... it shoud have
included this:

The .htaccess file:

AuthType Digest
AuthName "private area"
AuthDigestDomain /private/
AuthDigestProvider dbm
AuthDBMType GDBM
AuthDBMGroupFile /var/www/users.db
AuthDBMUserFile  /var/www/users.db
Require valid-user
BrowserMatch "MSIE" AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On

DB created with:
htdbm -TGDBM -s -c /var/www/users.db user

Error:
Thu Dec 20 13:36:24 2007] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Digest: user
`user' in realm `private area' not found: /private/

... tried removing the Domain and/or the AuthName... nowthing worked
on the other hand, the file based digest works just fine... i.e.

AuthType Digest
AuthName "private area"
AuthDigestDomain /private/
AuthDigestProvider file
AuthUserFile  /var/www/localhost/htdocs/private/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /var/www/localhost/htdocs/private/.htgroup
Require valid-user
BrowserMatch "MSIE" AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On

created with:
htdigest /var/www/localhost/htdocs/admin/.htpasswd "private area" username

... what would make the dbm work with digest for me? how do i use htdbm to
manage group files or to assign users to groups? thanks in advance...

Pavel