Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Everett Toews <no...@github.com> on 2013/12/12 02:55:19 UTC

[jclouds-site] Documented proper proxy settings. (#41)

You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/rackerlabs/jclouds-site proxy

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41

-- Commit Summary --

  * Documented proper proxy settings.

-- File Changes --

    M documentation/reference/jclouds-api.markdown (26)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41.diff

Re: [jclouds-site] Documented proper proxy settings. (#41)

Posted by Everett Toews <no...@github.com>.
Closed #41.

---

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.

> -```
> --Dhttps.proxyHost=proxy  -Dhttps.proxyPort=3128
> -```

Does setting the properties in the `overrides` do the same thing as specifying the "standard" java.net [JVM proxy properties](http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/net/proxies.html)? Because we have had threads on the mailing list where `overrides` haven't worked for users, but the java.net properties have, e.g. http://markmail.org/message/vmjshao3pl66qneq.

I think it might depend on the provider and/or the HTTP driver you're using (standard vs. Apache HC)?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41/files#r8293179

Re: [jclouds-site] Documented proper proxy settings. (#41)

Posted by jclouds-commentator <no...@github.com>.
  Go to http://3d839aafa52a8b0353d9-033574d65bb8aae7bd4de6afe73239d1.r65.cf1.rackcdn.com/ to review your changes.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41#issuecomment-30383400

Re: [jclouds-site] Documented proper proxy settings. (#41)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-site-pull-requests #120](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-site-pull-requests/120/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41#issuecomment-30384939

Re: [jclouds-site] Documented proper proxy settings. (#41)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-site-pull-requests #118](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-site-pull-requests/118/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41#issuecomment-30383324

Re: [jclouds-site] Documented proper proxy settings. (#41)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-site-pull-requests #119](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-site-pull-requests/119/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41#issuecomment-30384349

Re: [jclouds-site] Documented proper proxy settings. (#41)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Superseded by https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/84, I guess?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41#issuecomment-40949066

Re: [jclouds-site] Documented proper proxy settings. (#41)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Not sure we're 100% certain what the correct way to specify a proxy for all providers/drivers is...see other comment...

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/41#issuecomment-30395004