Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "phperret@gmail.com" <ph...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/10 15:03:50 UTC

BASIC http Auth

Hello,

How a basic authentifiaction should be set up ?

I suppose it's by using the ClientProxy but there is no documentation about
that.

Thanks

Re: BASIC http Auth

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday 10 December 2010 9:03:50 am phperret@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How a basic authentifiaction should be set up ?
>
> I suppose it's by using the ClientProxy but there is no documentation about
> that.

This is part of the JAX-WS spec.  If you have the proxy object, you can just
do:

((BindingProvider)proxy).getRequestContext()
    .put(BindingProvider.USERNAME_PROPERTY, "dkulp");
((BindingProvider)proxy).getRequestContext()
    .put(BindingProvider.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, "mypassword");

to provide the credentials for the BasicAuth.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: BASIC http Auth

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Best to ask these questions on the User list, all the Devs are on it as
well.  You can also search the CXF-Users list on Nabble and get dozens
of hits to your question.

Glen