Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa> on 2014/05/11 15:57:21 UTC

writing multiple files on hdfs

Hi,

Can I open multiple files on hdfs and write data to them in parallel and
then close them at the end?

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--

------------------------------
this email.

Re: writing multiple files on hdfs

Posted by Krishna Chaitanya <bn...@gmail.com>.
Yes!

Posted by Raj K Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
have u tried the hdfs api to create or write a file to the HDFS, will it
preventing u opening multiple OutputStream on the FileSystem?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Raj K Singh
http://in.linkedin.com/in/rajkrrsingh
http://www.rajkrrsingh.blogspot.com
Mobile  Tel: +91 (0)9899821370

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Yes you can do so. Hadoop is a distributed computing framework. And you are
able to do multiple writes also. Only thing we cannot do is we will not be
able to update a file content. But you can do this by deleting and them
writing the whole once again

--
*Thanks & Regards *

*Unmesha Sreeveni U.B*
*Hadoop, Bigdata Developer*
*Center for Cyber Security | Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham*
http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/

Re: writing multiple files on hdfs

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.