Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ryan Adorable <ra...@exist.com> on 2004/10/23 04:31:54 UTC

JSR168 portlet problem on jetspeed1

Exist Softwarelabs
     the only thing constant is change.

Hi,

    I'm creating a JSR168 compliant version of Database Browser portlet and I encountered a problem on PreferencesValidator.

It seems that, the validate() method from the class defined in preferences-validator of portlet.xml is not being invoked during .store() of PortletPreferences object.

Also, the ability to change the JSR168 portlet title is missing.  I already tried, overriding getTitle() method of GenericPortlet and response.setTitle("SomeTitle").

When I deploy the same portlet to Pluto, validate() and getTitle() is invoked.

Is this really a problem or i'm just missing something required to have this stuffs working?

Thanks in advanced.

Ryan Adorable
Software Engineer
1907, The Orient Square
Emerald Avenue, Ortigas Center
Pasig City 1605
Philippines
( +632.687.7653
+ radorable@exist.com
:  www.exist.com

Re: JSR168 portlet problem on jetspeed1

Posted by Ryan Adorable <ra...@exist.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Ryan Adorable <ra...@exist.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Ryan Adorable <ra...@exist.com>.
Hi,

    I have encountered another problems,

    - after invoking processAction method, the render method is called
twice.
    - the portlet-mode defined in portlet.xml seems to be, not used. Because
I only defined VIEW and EDIT, but still HELP is available(the help icon
still appear).

    Also when I deploy it under Pluto, they are properly called and
displayed.

    Thank in advanced.

Ryan

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.