Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Todd Haverstock <To...@apropos.com> on 2001/04/10 20:49:43 UTC

Cocoon 2

I'm looking for some specific info on Cocoon 2.  I scoured the web site and
only found this tidbit in the FAQ:

Q:"When can we expect to see the first proper release of Cocoon 2?"
A:"First quarter 2001 - but this is an open source project so, even more so
than with commercial projects, there are no guarantees."

Is there any up-to-date information on the status of Cocoon2 as to when it
will be 'production ready?'  Is there a new date?  What are the
show-stoppers with the current Cocoon2?

Re: Cocoon 2

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, giacomo wrote:

> The plan is to go beta at May 1st. The show stoppers are caching and
> content aggregation.

While I'm not a part of the Cocoon2 project (yet), may I humbly suggest to
stop working on these new features, until the existing ones are properly
documented and written up as samples? The more you develop, the less
likely it will be that docs come along magically "later".

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

Re: Cocoon 2

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Todd Haverstock wrote:

> I'm looking for some specific info on Cocoon 2.  I scoured the web site and
> only found this tidbit in the FAQ:
>
> Q:"When can we expect to see the first proper release of Cocoon 2?"
> A:"First quarter 2001 - but this is an open source project so, even more so
> than with commercial projects, there are no guarantees."
>
> Is there any up-to-date information on the status of Cocoon2 as to when it
> will be 'production ready?'  Is there a new date?  What are the
> show-stoppers with the current Cocoon2?

The plan is to go beta at May 1st. The show stoppers are caching and
content aggregation.

Giacomo