Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2006/09/05 16:47:47 UTC

SVN Repository Reorganization

Hi Everybody,

The ActiveMQ project has been growing tremendously and our source tree
now has many modules that are at different stages of development.
Furthermore, we require multiple build systems and platforms to build
all our supported native clients.  I think we are getting to the point
where we need reorganize the svn repository a little so that when we
do a main ActiveMQ release, our src distro just includes the things
that are being built / tested in the main ActiveMQ build.

So.. the reorg would look something like:

/incubator/activemq/trunk/sandbox - > /incubator/activemq/sandbox
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-dotnet - >
/incubator/activemq/activemq-dotnet/trunk
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-cpp - >
/incubator/activemq/activemq-cpp/trunk
/incubator/activemq/trunk/cms - > /incubator/activemq/cms/trunk
/incubator/activemq/trunk/openwire-c - > /incubator/activemq/openwire-c/trunk
/incubator/activemq/trunk/openwire-cpp - >
/incubator/activemq/openwire-cpp/trunk
/incubator/activemq/trunk/amazon - > /incubator/activemq/amazon/trunk
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activeio - > /incubator/activemq/activeio/trunk
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activecluster - >
/incubator/activemq/activecluster/trunk
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-jmeter - >
/incubator/activemq/activemq-jmeter/trunk
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-tooling/maven-gram-plugin - >
/incubator/activemq/maven-plugins/trunk/maven-gram-plugin
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-tooling/maven-bundle-plugin - >
/incubator/activemq/maven-plugins/trunk/maven-bundle-plugin
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-tooling/maven-bundle-plugin - >
/incubator/activemq/maven-plugins/trunk/maven-bundle-plugin

And finally.. to keep a consistent
/incubator/activemq/${project}/trunk structure...
/incubator/activemq/trunk -> /incubator/activemq/activemq/trunk
/incubator/activemq/tags -> /incubator/activemq/activemq/tags
/incubator/activemq/branches -> /incubator/activemq/activemq/branches

What do you guys think?  Am i missing anything that should also get
moved?  When do you think would be a good time for the re-org?

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: SVN Repository Reorganization

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 9/5/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Perhaps we should put all the c/c++ stuff together???  I think that
> would make it simpler to merge implementations and share ideas.

Sounds fine with me.
--

James
-------

Re: SVN Repository Reorganization

Posted by nmittler <na...@gmail.com>.
+1 for reorganizing
+1 for putting all the C++ clients together in their own trunk
I would also suggest getting rid of the CMS project altogether - this has
been replaced by activemq-cpp

Posted by tabish121 <Ti...@Sensis.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1, though i wonder if we should do that post graduation, else
we will have to bother the incubator PMC with a released of the
maven-bundle-plugin for example.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: SVN Repository Reorganization

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
Looks good!

On 9/7/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:

> ok. reorg done.  Let me know if you seen anything out of place.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Regards,
Nate

Re: SVN Repository Reorganization

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Ok.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 9/5/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Good point.. we can clean that last bit of the broker and client when
> the project graduates.  Since it will force us to move url anyways.

Good call.
--

James
-------

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--

James
-------

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Since most of those snippet macros are pointed into the java stuff.
I'm going to leave that trunk stuff where it currently is.  No point
in breaking the links 2 times.  We can move the upon graduation.  We
will just live with a less than consistent repo layout until then.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--

James
-------