Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Nick Chammas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/10 23:42:53 UTC

What version of twitter4j should I use with Spark Streaming?

Looks like twitter4j <http://twitter4j.org/archive/> 2.2.6 is what works,
but I don’t believe it’s documented anywhere.

Using 3.0.6 works for a while, but then causes the following error:

14/07/10 18:34:13 WARN ReceiverTracker: Error reported by receiver for
stream 0: Error in block pushing thread -
java.io.NotSerializableException: twitter4j.internal.json.ScopesImpl

4.0.2 doesn’t work at all and complains about not finding a StatusListener
class.

Nick
​

Re: What version of twitter4j should I use with Spark Streaming?

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.
Spark Streaming uses twitter4j 3.0.3. 3.0.6 should probably work fine. The
exception that you are seeing is something that should be looked into. Can
you give us more logs (specially executor logs) with stack traces that has
the error.

TD