Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2004/10/13 20:21:28 UTC

xmlbeans problem with websphere 5.1

I'm seeing an odd problem on Websphere 5.1 which I did not see on Resin
3 with Xerces and Xalan 2.4.  This is triggered when I try to serialize
an XML bean into XML using 1.0.3.

Caused by: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made
to create or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to
namespaces.
 org.apache.xml.utils.DOMBuilder.startElement(DOMBuilder.java:354)

org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.startElement(Transf
ormerIdentityImpl.java:1042)
 org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scan
RootElementHook(Unknown Source)

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDis
patcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unkno
wn Source)
 org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

Has anyone seen this error before or any thoughts as to what might be
wrong?

Here's a subset of what xalan's EnvironmentCheck utility prints out:

java.version=1.4.1
version.xerces2=XML4J 4.2.4
version.xerces1=not-present
version.xalan2_2=XSLT4J Java 2.5.4