Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/14 19:36:08 UTC

error accessing database

Today is not my day ... now this as well:

Using Cocoon 1.8.1-dev from 16.10.00 with esql taglib
I am getting the following error

    ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Needless to say that I DO HAVE the table in question
... and even more ANNOYING the page works fine for a
while and than all of suden starts to fail :-((

The only remedy is to restart the Tomcat.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA

=====
Drasko

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

Re: error accessing database

Posted by Herbert Hotz <he...@symmetrix.ch>.
Drasko Kokic wrote:

> Today is not my day ... now this as well:
>
> Using Cocoon 1.8.1-dev from 16.10.00 with esql taglib
> I am getting the following error

Hi,

You NEED the latest esql.xsl (v1.33) from
http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/sql/

copy it to the directory

$COCOON_HOME/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/sql/

BTW: Story / The optimist meets the pessimist:

Pessimist: "Hi, today is not my day. Everything works out bad. I think
           it cant't become worse."

Optimist:  "Sure - sure it can!"

Good luck
Herbert
--
+----------------------+-------------------------------------------+
| Herbert Hotz         | Voice:   +41 1 381 8880                   |

Re: error accessing database

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> Today is not my day ... now this as well:
>
> Using Cocoon 1.8.1-dev from 16.10.00 with esql taglib
> I am getting the following error
>
>     ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>
> Needless to say that I DO HAVE the table in question
> ... and even more ANNOYING the page works fine for a
> while and than all of suden starts to fail :-((
>
> The only remedy is to restart the Tomcat.
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

that's mystifying. you might want to put some code in your page to print
out the query that you're executing to stderr, to make sure something
isn't munging up your sql.

also, you might want to upgrade esql. i've done a lot of work since 10/16.

- donald