Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by to...@jablko.ca on 2002/06/29 06:52:15 UTC

Tomcat Classpath

I am trying to configure a Tomcat JNDI database resource. This resource requires a JAR. The JAR is located in an appropriate place on my drive. I would rather not move or copy it to $CATALINA_HOME/lib. How can I configure Tomcat's classpath to include this JAR? Thanks,

Jack D. Bates

Re: Tomcat Classpath

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hi Jack,

Tomcat ignores your classpath.  Believe me, this solves a *ton* of
problems.  If you want to use the classpath, go back to using Tomcat
2.x.x.  I wouldn't give it the time of day now that 3.3.x and 4.x.x are
out.  Seriously, do yourself a favor and just copy the jar into
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and save yourself a lot of headache.  BTW, you
don't want to copy stuff into $CATALINA_HOME/lib that you need both your
app and the server itself to see.  Jars in that directory will only be
visible to your webapp.  common/lib makes jars available to both your
webapp *and* the server.

Jake