Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wei Li <we...@eng.fsu.edu> on 2002/05/06 20:59:08 UTC

solaris netscape

Hi, there,

I installed tomcat 4.0.3 binary in my Solaris 8 box. I can see the
http://myhost:8080/index.jsp in another windows box. When I tried to show the
index.jsp on this local Solaris machine using netscape, after type
http://localhost:8080, there will be a prompt "Downloading index.jsp", asked me
"What should Netscape 6 do with this file". Some one can help me?
I had set the HTTP proxy port as 8080.

Thx.

Wei

Re: solaris netscape

Posted by Jon Barber <jo...@acm.org>.
I bet you're not setting the MIME type of the response correctly (can't
remember the API call off the top of my head).  But the default is not
text/html, and Mozilla correctly asks the user what to do.  Internet
Explorer treis to guess the content type from the stream, so you can
often get away with leaving the response as the default.

Jon.

P.S. Just looked up the call - try doing
response.setContentType("text/html");

Re: solaris netscape

Posted by Rick Fincher <rn...@tbird.com>.
Hi Wei,